Sri Lanka Festival of Music, Dance & Speech is the very first festival affiliated to the British and International Federation of Festivals for Music, Dance & Speech UK to be established in Sri Lanka in 1997. Sri Lanka Festival has been the largest and longest annual performing arts festival for performers of all ages.
The Festival is held annually throughout Sri Lanka in over 40 centres during the months of May, June & July.
All competitors who take part in the Annual Festival receive a Certificate of Achievement (Outstanding, Distinction, Commended, Merit, Moderate, Fair or Participation) with encouraging and constructive appraisal from professional specialist adjudicators from the British & International Federation of Festivals UK. In addition there are Medals (Gold, Silver, Bronze) and Trophies to win at the All Island Finals held in Colombo.
What is a Festival? Who takes part?
A festival is for anyone, whatever age, ability or cultural background.
The aims of a Festival are :
- To raise standards and quality of performing in Music, Speech & Drama, Dance.
- To motivate, encourage and educate performers in Music, Speech & Drama, Dance.
- To give the opportunity, enjoyment and experience of performing.
- To enable young people to learn by listening & seeing others perform.
- To expand knowledge and background in Music, Speech & Drama, Dance.
- To promote good practices in Music, Speech & Dance.
- Most of all receive constructive appraisal orally and in writing to all performers from professional adjudicators from the British & International Federation of Festivals for Music, Dance & Speech UK.
- Many professional musicians, actors and dancers had their first ‘platform’ on the stage at the Festival.
22nd ANNUAL FESTIVAL
The Sri Lanka Festival of Music Dance & Speech which is affiliated to the British & International Federation of Festivals for Music, Dance & Speech will be conducted from May to July 2019 with sponsorship from The London College of Music.
Click on the below documents which contain more information regarding the festival.
- Adjudicators 2019 for Music, Dance & Speech
- Regulations & Conditions 2019
- Fee and Age calculation 2019
- Music Syllabus 2019
- Speech & Drama Syllabus 2019
- Dance Syllabus 2019
- Appreciations of the Adjudicators 2019