26th ANNUAL FESTIVAL
Sri Lanka Festival of Music, Dance & Speech is the very first festival affiliated to the British and International Federation of Festivals for Music, Dance & Speech UK to be established in Sri Lanka in 1997. Sri Lanka Festival has been the largest and longest annual performing arts festival for performers of all ages.
The Festival is held annually throughout Sri Lanka in over 40 centers during the months of May, June & July.
All competitors who take part in the Annual Festival receive a Certificate of Achievement (Outstanding, Distinction, Commended, Merit, Moderate, Fair or Participation) with encouraging and a constructive appraisal from professional specialist adjudicators from the British & International Federation of Festivals UK. In addition, there are Medals (Gold, Silver, Bronze) and Trophies to win at the All-Island Finals held in Colombo.
26th ANNUAL FESTIVAL 2023
The Festival of 2023 will be held from June to August 2023
Conducted all island with Foreign Adjudicators of the British & International
Federation of Festivals for Music, Dance & Speech UK
Speech & Drama – May to July
Music – July to August
Dance – May
Closing Date: March 15th 2023
What is a Festival? Who takes part?
A festival is for anyone, whatever age, ability, or cultural background.
The aims of a Festival are :
- To raise standards and quality of performing in Music, Speech & Drama, Dance.
- To motivate, encourage and educate performers in Music, Speech & Drama, Dance.
- To give the opportunity, enjoyment, and experience of performing.
- To enable young people to learn by listening & seeing others perform.
- To expand knowledge and background in Music, Speech & Drama, Dance.
- To promote good practices in Music, Speech & Dance.
- Most of all receive constructive appraisal orally and in writing to all performers from professional adjudicators from the British & International Federation of Festivals for Music, Dance & Speech UK.
- Many professional musicians, actors, and dancers had their first ‘platform’ on the stage at the Festival.
Click on the below documents which contain more information regarding the festival.
- Adjudicators for Music, Dance & Speech 2023
- Regulations & Conditions 2023
- Fee and Age calculation 2023
- Music Syllabus 2023
- Speech & Drama Syllabus 2023
- Dance Syllabus 2023
- Appreciations of the Adjudicators 2023
Please Download the entry form and submit it to the IIMSD Office.